South Valley University (Egypt) Participation of South Valley University in Sharm El-Sheikh Climate Change Conference
The President of the University Prof .Dr. Youssuf Gharbawy announced the university participation in Sharm El-Sheikh Climate Change Conference (UNFCCC COP 27) with a delegation included Prof. Dr. Ahmed Kamal Nassary, Vice President for Community Service and Environment Development Sector, Prof .Dr. Mahmoud Sayed Abdel Sadek, Professor of Physics at Faculty of Science ,and Prof. Dr. Ahmed Abo Bakr. Vice Dean for Postgraduate Affairs at Faculty of Agriculture. The university participates in the conference with a number of researches and innovative models as:
- The Green Gold Project which aims to use banana waste and turn it into plastic alternative packaging.
- A joint project between SVU and the University of South Wales, Britain within the project entitled “Enhancing the universities contribution to confront climate change through research, education and community participation”.
Additionally, Prof. Nassary, talked about the university role in spreading awareness of climate change effects such as:
- Participating in the Egyptian-German experts’ dialogue and the National Green Projects Initiative launched by the Ministry of Planning and Economic Development .
- Organizing climate adaptation conference.
- Adopting many initiatives aimed at adapting and reducing the effects of climate change.
- Participating in the Egyptian public universities forum for confronting climate change .