Egypt (Damanhour University) Damanhour University Organizes a Student Meeting under the Slogan of (Challenges and Opportunities) for People with Disabilities
Under the auspices of Prof. Dr. Mohamed Ayman Ashour – Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research -and the chairmanship of Prof. Dr. Abdel Hamid – Vice President of the University for Graduate Studies and Research,Damanhour University held a meeting for students with disabilities under the slogan of (challenges and opportunities).
The meeting was held within the framework of the International Convention on Human Rights for People with Disabilities with the United Nations,in the presence of (Students for Egypt) at the university.Prof. Dr. Abdel Hamid stressed that all the services and capabilities of the university are available to studentsto help them to fulfill their educational roles. Some recommendations were emphasized, such as:
– Providing support to help and serve our students with disabilities.
-Providing support for sign language students.
– Emphasizing that the Center for Disability Challengers at the university is responsible for solving their problems and meeting all their needs.
– Providing all facilities and equipment inside the university for students with disabilities,
such as (gym halls in the Faculty of Education for Early Childhood – Department of Community Health at the Faculty of Nursing –
Services provided by the Faculties of Pharmacy and Science).
– Establishing an audio library at the Faculty of Arts to upload curricula.
– Uploading the curricula to be translated into sign language at the Faculty of Specific Education.
– Providing a safe and easy means of transportation to transport our students with disabilities in Al Nubariya.