Niger Delta University (Nigeria) Resumption of Academic Activities
DECISION EXTRACTS FROM EMERGENCY MEETING OF THE COMMITTEE OF PROVOST AND DEANS (CPD)
Following the suspension of the strike action embarked on by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) the Committee of Provost and Deans (CPD) met on October 17, 2022 and decided as follows:
1. The CPD sympathized with the university community on the flood situation.
2. That a date for the full resumption of academic activities will be announced after the appraisal of the situation when the floodwaters recede.
3. That medical students in the 400, 500 and 600 levels of study will however receive classes (ONLINE) during this period in preparation for their professional examinations.
4. That pending results of graduating students will be considered at a special Senate meeting.
5. That Faculties and Departments should tidy up their outstanding results for A&GRC’s consideration.
6. That Postgraduate students who were preparing for thesis/dissertation defense should conclude payments and registration in preparedness of their defense.
7. That Newly admitted Postgraduate students should also pay fees and conclude their registration online.
8. That students generally are being advised to use the period to pay their fees and conclude registration (ONLINE) in anticipation of the full resumption of academic activities.