Nigeria (Edo University Iyamho) Highlights of achievements of edo university iyamho since inception
The Edo University Management will like to place on record:-
- That the University was adjudged Best State University and 3rd Best University in the NUC 2018 OER Ranking of Universities in Nigeria;
- Edo University Iyamho is the first University in Nigeria to own an Anatomage table (Anatomage table is the most technologically advanced anatomy visualization system. It is both a virtual library of human and animal cadavers, as well as a clinical diagnostic tool by the visualization of medical CT, CBCT or MRI scan);
- Edo University Iyamho is the first University in Nigeria to deploy the CANVAS Learning Management System (6 out of the 10 best Universities in the world use CANVAS LMS);
- All programmes due for accreditation by the NUC have been accredited with the least score of 82.5% for assessed programmes;
- The Engineering Programmes have all been accredited by COREN;
- The MDCN, only 3 weeks ago accredited the Pre-Clinicals of our MB;BS Programme;
- ICAN accredited the Accounting programme in May 2019;
- The Law, Nursing and MLS programmes have all been approved by their respective Councils. i.e. Council for Legal Education (CLE), Nursing and Midwifery Council and the Medical Laboratory Science Council;
- The Medical Skills Laboratory of the University has been adjudged to be one of the best in Nigeria;
- The University Council has approved 100 scholarships each year to indigent students;
- The University has enjoyed uninterrupted academic calendar and industrial harmony (note that the management has put modalities in place to forestall strikes);
- Consequently, the University will graduate her first set of graduates in August, 2019.
With these array of notable achievements, it is not surprising that the detractors of the University have chosen this admission period to spread rumours calculated at discouraging potential applicants to the University.
The University Management wishes to assure the general public that the University will continue to maintain the highest standard possible in delivering quality Education to Nigerians.
Dr. (Mrs.) Isoken Ogboro, FNIM