Bunda College of Agriculture (Malawi) Request for proposals from micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (msmes) for biodiversity finance accelerator 2022-2023 programme
Procurement Ref. No : Biodiversity Finance Accelerator 2022-2023
The Biodiversity Finance Accelerator makes biodiversity-positive enterprises ready for finance and helps entrepreneurs scale their business operations with an aim to mobilise investments for biodiversity-positive enterprises in Malawi and Zambia. The programme is implemented by adelphi, a leading think-and-do tank for climate, environment and development, jointly with the Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (Malawi) and the Women’s Entrepreneurship Access Centre (Zambia). Biodiversity Finance Accelerator Southern Africa invites biodiversity-positive enterprises to apply and join a 9-month support programme.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The Biodiversity Finance Accelerator targets biodiversity-positive Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) from Malawi and Zambia contributing to the conservation, restoration or management of nature and ecosystems. Biodiversity-positive business models revolve around sustainable agriculture, eco-tourism, reforestation, invasive species management, provision of resource alternatives (e.g. from wood-based charcoal) or biodiversity-based products (e.g. honey).
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SELECTED?
- You are an enterprise or organization providing innovative, market-driven solutions to the conservation, restoration and/or management of nature and ecosystems
- Your enterprise or market-based solution
- is locally founded and locally led
- has the intention and potential to become financially sustainable
- has potential for scale-up and replication
- is operational in the early to growth stages
- You submit an enthusiastic application with a clear biodiversity-geared entrepreneurial motivation
SUPPORT PACKAGES TO THE SELECTED ENTREPRENEURS
The selected entrepreneurs shall be supported as follows;
- Biodiversity Enterprise Support Toolkit for refinement and consolidation of business plan and financial documents
- Networking opportunities with policy makers, financiers and other ecosystem players at high-level adelphi partner events/li>
- Showcasing opportunities through global adelphi communication platforms and networks
TIME FRAME FOR THE SUPPORT
The successful entrepreneurs shall receive support in a 9-month support programme (June 2021 – March 2022).
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
All interested entrepreneurs are requested to submit their technical proposals through the link provided or using the offline application form available for download before Monday, 22st March, 2022 at 14:00Hrs.
Interested firms may obtain further information or refer their questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: Dr. Judith Kamoto, Associate Professor, LUANAR on: +265995567000