Anton de Kom University (Suriname) AdeKUS SDG Commission established
On Tuesday, November 29, an AdeKUS SDG Committee was set up. This committee will, among other things, perform a baseline measurement with regard to the projects and partnerships carried out by AdeKUS in relation to the 17 SDGs. The committee will also provide input and advice for the preparation of a policy plan 2022-2025 in which the role of AdeKUS in the SDG is clearly expressed in the short, medium and long term from the various sections of the University.
This committee consists of:
– Mrs. C. Jurgens (chairman), working at the FMijW
– Mrs. S. Nabibaks, working at the FJW
– Mr. S. Ramdin, working at the FTeW
– Mrs. V. Emanuelson, working at de FM eW
– Mr. S. Kalika, student FMeW
– Mrs. M. van Ommeren, student FMeW
– Mrs. A. Harkhoe working at the PR department
The activities of the committee will start on December 1, 2022 and will last one calendar year. For some tasks, the committee will require cooperation (e.g. data) from a faculty/institute/department. Universities play an important role in terms of education, research, services, but also innovation in achieving the SDG goals. The committee will involve the entire AdeKUS community in the activities mentioned and will soon get in touch with you about this. We look forward to a pleasant collaboration: ONE AdeKUS!