Nagoya University originated from the Temporary Medical School/Public Hospital that was established in 1871. It became an Imperial University of Japan in 1939. At the time, it consisted of the School of Medicine and the School of Science and Engineering. During the postwar period, the Eighth Senior High School (established in 1908), Nagoya College of Economics (formerly Nagoya Higher Commercial School, established in 1920), and Okazaki Higher Normal School (established in 1945), were integrated into the University in 1949. Under Japan's renewed educational system, this marked the start of the modern Nagoya University.
Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya, 464-8601, Japan